Home > iPhone > iPhone OS 3.0 : BETA TEST IT NOW !

iPhone OS 3.0 : BETA TEST IT NOW !

April 4th, 2009

iphone30-beta2

We are glad to announce you that we are now part of the Apple dev program, and that we do have access to the latest iPhone 3.0 Beta software. But what about you? Do you also want to try out the new iPhone 3.0 Beta firmware but can’t afford the $99 subscription ? Well, you have an option left, you can become our beta tester, and try our applications on the new iPhone 3.0 Beta software. This is the only way to install iPhone OS 3.0 Beta legally on your iPhone!

As member of the Apple Developer program, we are able to activate additional iPhones to install the iPhone 3.0 Beta firmware. If you are interested, use the form below. All you need to do is select your device type and input your UDID (unique device id). It will cost you only $6 to get activated for iPhone OS 3.0 Beta Firmware.

IPHONE OS 3.0 BETA PERIOD IS OVER.
WE WILL REOPEN ACTIVATIONS FOR IPHONE OS 4.0 BETA.

How do I find my UDID ?

Easy, follow the instructions on this page : instructions

How does it work ?

It’s simple, BEFORE you can install iPhone OS 3.0 Beta on your iPhone, you need to register the unique device id (UDID) of your iPhone through a developer that subscribed to the developer program. Use the paypal form in this page to send us your device type and your UDID, and we will add your iPhone to the authorized list of devices. Once we confirmed you that your device is added, you can install iPhone 3.0 Beta firmware without any restrictions!

Need help, check our new forum !

iPhone OS 3.0 Beta forum open !

Read our full tutorial to successfully install iPhone OS 3.0 on your iPhone.

How to install iPhone OS 3.0 Beta on your iPhone

1. Find iPhone OS 3.0 beta firmware
2. There are 4 different versions of the OS 3.0 depending on the type of your device!
3. Download the firmware for iPhone v1, 3G, iPod Touch 1st or 2nd generation.
4. Do not try to install it yet, you need to activate your iPhone for OS 3.0 first!
5. Only proceed next if you have a legit iPhone that does not require unlock!
6. Select the type of your device in the paypal form on this page
7. Input the UDID of your device in the paypal form on this page
8. Use the “Buy Now” button on this page to activate your iPhone for OS 3.0
9. We will reply to you when we have activated your iPhone for OS 3.0
10. You can now install OS 3.0 firmware through iTunes on your iPhone
11. To install, restore the firmware by pressing alt key (on mac) then restore button
12. Browse to the firmware you downloaded previously (ipsw file)
13. Finish the restore procedure by activating your device in iTunes
14. Do not restore a previous backup of iPhone OS 2.x
15. Otherwise you will miss MMS and tethering features!

How can I get MMS and Tethering back ?

If you accidently restored a backup of OS 2.x, just restart the procedure from step 10.

Categories: iPhone Tags:
  1. kevin
    May 6th, 2009 at 08:37 | #1

what does the beta 4 have the the rest dont?

2. May 6th, 2009 at 18:16 | #2

Hi folks, I just wanted to inform you that we just finished migrating our servers to achieve more stability and to increase download speed. Please feel free to report your first impressions. Cheers, skr3dii.

3. Ronnie
    May 6th, 2009 at 20:59 | #3

Just referred another friend. If I install the 3rd BETA instead of the 4th will it work the same. Or must I install the 4th beta on his phone in order for it to work properly. Thanks.

4. archie
    May 7th, 2009 at 06:25 | #4

When will we see Beta 5 here?

5. kevin
    May 7th, 2009 at 23:45 | #5

what does beta 4 have that the rest dont anyting?

6. archie
    May 8th, 2009 at 04:38 | #6

it works for me like a charm! @adam: Did you install iTunes 8.2 pre and then try to upgrade to Beta 5? Beta 1 to 3 are expired yet, Beta 4 will expire *anytime soon*

7. marcelle
    May 8th, 2009 at 09:52 | #7

I did install the beta 5 and it works well…. some of bugs has been resolve at this beta. thanks for skr3dii

8. Kenny
    May 8th, 2009 at 12:07 | #8

Hi Admin, I paid for the beta tester program and when my beta expired, i paid for the download service for the firmware as well, but unfortunately when my download was completed this round, it was corrupted. I tried downloading again, but says that I can’t. would appreciate if you could let me redownload again as my iphone now is unusable as my beta expired :(

9. Cory Walker
    May 9th, 2009 at 00:45 | #9

I paid for the UDID activation and still havent recived anything

10. May 9th, 2009 at 02:55 | #10

@Cory Walker: You are activated man. Be patient in life.

I am closing the comments on this post ’cause I am sick of people trying to abuse comments, make publicity for their scam sites, etc…

If you need to contact me do it via the contact form : http://www.macgeekblog.com/contact

And I can already reply to 2 of your questions: yes we are still activating UDID’s and yes we can provide you all the beta firmwares for a little extra fee for the download service. Be aware, do not trust people providing you firmwares via torrent sites, direct downloads etc.. You never know what they custom added in those firmwares!

Comment pages